Wednesday, May 18, 2005

R.I.P Frank Gorshin

A friend of mine just alerted me to the fact that Frank Gorshin, best known for portraying The Riddler on the old Batman TV series, has died. He was 72 years old, and is survived by his wife of 48 years. Apparently he died of complications due to lung cancer, emphysema and pneumonia.

That makes me sad. I grew up with reruns of that show, and I have to admit I used to love it! It comes off less cool nowadays but I'll sit through the occasional episode or five. I still get a kick out of the Bat-Gadgets, Bat-vehicles, and Bat-sayings!

Frank Gorshin, was also an accomplished impressionist, and stage actor, but to me he will always be the man in the green and purple tights, and no one can take his place; Jim Carey included.

Bat-villians who are no longer with us include:
Burgess Meredith - The Penguin
Cesar Romero - The Joker
Vincent Price - EggHead
*Frank Gorshin - The Riddler
Of course both Catwomen are still alive, as are Adam West and Burt Ward: The Dynamic Duo. I wonder what ever happened to the other citizens of Gotham City?

1 comment:

speak the truth in love said...

Hey!
Maybe the good guys don't always finish last! There's hope for me yet!
Justin