Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Duped in Duluth

Maybe I'm heartless.
Maybe I'm not as forgiving as others.
Maybe I don't understand.
Maybe I don't have all of the facts.
Maybe love does conquer all.
Maybe I'm just a jerk!
All of these could be true...
But I have a hard time imagining if my bride-to-be disappeared without a word days before the wedding, cut her hair for a disguise, hopped a bus to Vegas, worried me and all of my family to death, sparked a nation-wide manhunt, then made up a lie about being kidnapped by a couple in a blue van and had to be dragged back to me with a blanket over her head to hide her shame that I would still want to marry the woman!
The guy still wants to marry her, seriously. He says the guilt for what she's done will have to be consequence enough.

Dude!

Come On! It's okay to be pissed. Everyone else is! Georgia's thinking about pressing charges. Officials are thinking about suing for up to 60 grand: the estimated cost of the manhunt. The town feels betrayed. All of those wedding guest gathering to pray for her on her wedding day are upset.
Cold Feet!? Hell, if I saw her on the street I'd put both my cold feet up her butt just for being an idiot!

No comments: