Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Let me get this straight.

My pay raise is being postponed yet again? That's cool. I guess you didn't realize when I said I don't make enough money to support myself, I've never been this broke, and I am constantly stressed about finances that I really meant I don't make enough money to support myself, I've never been this broke, and I am constantly stressed about finances!

In their defense, there are legal matters in acquiring our new location, and the lease signing keeps getting pushed further back, but, damn let's get real. I was interviewing for other jobs they ask me to stay, give me a pay raise to make it worth my while, starting as soon as the lease gets signed, apparently, and then proceed to dangle the carrot in my face for close to two months! What the hell am I waiting for?

I should march in there and tell them all to go 'you know what' themselves.
Demand my raise.
Maybe try to find another job.
Burn the place down.
Win the lottery.
Create a microscopic civilization, that'll inhabit that leftover gyro I forgot I had in the fridge, and worship me as a God.
Sit on my ass and hope they finally give me what they promised!
Which sounds the most realistic?

No comments: