Friday, May 06, 2005

The Fifth Of May

Happy Cinco De Mayo!!!!!
How did you spend this joyous occasion?
Me?
I went to LuchaVaVoom! A luchadore wrestling event here in Chicago at the Congress Theatre. It was fantastico!

People from all walks of life, except Koreans... we didn't see any Koreans, came together in a dilapidated theatre to drink outrageously priced,canned beer, and cheer on a bunch of masked Mexican wrestler in haphazardly built ring. There were midgets, burlesque dancers, Los Rudos (Bad Guys) & Los Technicos (The Good Guys). The event was MC'd by some no name and that dude who does the voice of Sponge Bob, Tom Kenny!

It was better than any WWE event I've ever seen. The enthusiasm. The energy! The drunks! It was a lot of fun.

At the end I bum-rushed the stage with a million other Gringos and bounced around savoring the experience and taking pictures with half naked women who looked soooooo much better from ten rows away.
My thanks to my compadres for taking me. I'll get the disposable developed soon.

The Blue Demon Jr. is Numero 1!!!!

No comments: