Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Which Is Funnier?

M&S: Well, thank you so much Mr. Cobb for coming in for this interview. I will tell you that the one strike you have against you so far is the fact that you didn't wear a shirt and tie. You didn't put enough thought into putting on a nice shirt and tie. Now, I know some people have the mentality that, "Hey, it's just a server position or a bartender position. I don't need to look my best for the interview." I don't agree. That's the one thing so far you've got going against you. Now I don't know how old you are, I don't care but in the future, if I were you I'd dress a little nicer. That's all I'm saying.

Mr.Cobb: I knew I should've dressed up more, sir. I had the nicest full length, strapless gown with elbow length gloves and a tiara. Then I thought to myself, "Hey, it's just a server position!"
or
Mr.Cobb: Well, you know what they say. "A turd in a shiny wrapper is just a turd and I'm the shit, baby!" (Jumps up onto the table and proceeds to do the Cabbage Patch until hauled away by restaurant security.)


(In my defense I had on slacks, nice shoes, and a collared shirt. I'd even shaved. It's not like I rolled into the interview wearing jeans, flip-flops and my 'Morningwood' T-shirt. But I guess you can't please everyone.)

5 comments:

speak the truth in love said...

Dude, find yourself a car dealership in need of a customer service advisor. Look for it on Monster.com and go get yourself a job. Your energy and comfort with interacting with strangers will be a serious plus. Usually substantial pay and regular benefits.....
Justin

Anonymous said...

What a dick. They probably have a valid point. But still, that is not the most professional way to express it. I’m sure they were well dressed though. Screw them. Working at that DQ I keep reading about would be better than working for that tool.

Anonymous said...

Man, all these people want you to work at the DQ just so you can hook them up with Peanut Buster Parfaits.

...So start working there so I can plan a road trip to Chi-town.

LC Greenwood said...

What a cocksmoker. He undoubtably has a small penis and hates his wife and more than likely snorts a quarter of his paycheck up his nose...and is fucking the barback.

T. Cobb said...

Although I heard from a little birdie that they are going to offer me the job any how. I'm still waiting to hear from a another place where I think I'd rather work.