Monday, July 25, 2005

Pillow Sweat!

Damn is it hot? Yesterday I put in our AC. Unfortunately with the way our apartment is laid out it's almost impossible to cool with one weak window unit. it cooled down, maybe, ten feet of air around the window and that was about it.

We went to bed with our fans all on high and and pointed right at us and still we baked all night long. Any body contact became unbearable within seconds and the other person would role away with a grunt. I tossed and turned on my side of the bed, sheets drenched with my sweat and my pillow sponged up the rest. At one point I turned around in bed and put my head at the foot the bed just so I could find a dry inch. As I lay there exhausted, hot and irritable I kept drifting back to The March Of The Penguins. (Earlier on in the evening, in an effort to escape the heat we went to the Music Box to watch the documentary. All of those grand, sweeping shots of the freezing antarctic ice, and the scenes of the brutal blizzards beating down upon the community of Penguins actually were quite refreshing.)

It's still hot. A man should not break a sweat sitting in a chair, typing on his computer.

No comments: