Thursday, July 14, 2005

Heads or Tails?

Are you tired of my complaining yet? Seriously? I've been bitching a lot lately, haven't I? Negativity has been my thing lately.

But now... I've been offered a job... by two different restaurants... who I didn't expect to hear from! The first (SEE POST DIRECTLY BELOW) has told my little brother that they are, indeed, interested in hiring me even thought they are 'fine dining', I'd have to wear a tux, they'd would probably over-train me, and I didn't wear a neck tie to my 2nd interview. The other place, which I was hoping for, is a tapas restaurant, corporate so there will be benefits, is probably a better fit for my personality and is planning on utilizing me as a server & a bartender!

Training starts on Monday for both, so it's not possible to work part-time at each place. I really didn't expect to get hired by the first place after the interview and getting the feeling that I wasn't qualified. I had a good feeling about the second place but I couldn't read the manager at all during the interview, and walked away thinking I'd blown another chance.

So what do I do? Should I flip a coin? Yes, that's what I'll do... right now. I'm flipping a coin. I'll call it in the air. 'HEADS!' Oops! Damn, where'd did it go? It rolled under the desk! Aw, there it is! It looks like it landed on...

No comments: