Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Some Thoughts On The Day

- It is exciting that we have some fresh blood in the White House. The change is what I'm most excited about. Obama seems like a good man, but he's still only human, a politician, and a member of one of the two big political parties. Time will tell what kind of President he will make.

- History was made today - there's no doubt in my mind - it was an amazing event. If you are a 30 something white male you should not say things like 'I never thought this would happen in my lifetime.' It sounds silly and doesn't carry the same weight as it would coming from someone more advanced in years, and/or who has struggled to overcome adversity.

- George W Bush has got to be relieved. I bet there was some drinking done on that flight home. I wonder what in flight movie was playing on his way back to Texas?

- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts was more of a tragic figure in wrestling than Randy 'The Ram' Robinson. 'The Snake' smoked crack and then did an interview on how miserable his life had become. Don't get me wrong, Mickey Rourke was great, but 'Beyond The Mat' resonated more with me.

No comments: