Sunday, January 04, 2009

A Few Pics



This winter break we traveled, ROAD TRIP, for 2 weeks; from Annapolis to White Bear Lake to Chicago and back to Annapolis.







We spent our first week in White Bear Lake, MN, where it was negative degrees upon our arrival, , and I spent a lot of time in the sauna or warming myself by the fire in the gazebo. I regret that I did not get to try ice-fishing but - just as exciting - a local pizza joint decorated their store entirely with Pink Panther Xmas scenes.



We got to hang out and play with the niece and nephew. She, Moraya, is too much fun and I don't think I've ever seen such a happy baby as Nathan. It was good to see the In Laws.
I always enjoy seeing Sara's face light up when she's around family... then later she'll stress out a little because, well, she's around family.

After bidding adieu to the Patsy family we sped on down to Chicago. (In fact I was pulled over for doing 82 in a 65mph zone. I blame my mother. She called and distracted me from my driving and the cruise control didn't react well with my foot. WI has ungodly expensive speeding tickets. Thanks Ma!)

In Chicago we tried to see as many friends as we could; we missed a few I'm afraid. But we went karaoke-ing at Trader Todd's, had dinner at 2 of my old restaurants, hit 2 different New Years parties, and played Jumbo Jenga with a group of friends.

Over all it was a great trip. Now we're home, we're exhausted, and we're ready to go back.


No comments: