Thursday, January 01, 2009

So... Happy 2009!

Last night was fun. Sara and I bounced between 2 parties with old friendly faces, warm hugs, and cheap beer. It was a cold walk back and forth last night but, hey, that's January in Chicago.

So needless to say we got off to a slow start this morning and decided to get brunch close to home base. So we randomly selected Kitsch'n and as we sat down at the counter I look up and recognize one of the cooks. My friend, whom I worked with for several years, just happened to be cooking brunch. Earlier yesterday I went looking for him at his old place of business but the bar had changed owners. I wondered what had become of him, then I bump into him over my green eggs & ham.

It was one of those little coincidences that makes one smile. Hopefully, it is a sign of good things to come.

No comments: