Wednesday, January 28, 2009

4 Missed Calls?

I noticed my cell phone registered a few missed calls. I'd only been outside for 5 minutes this morning; scraping Sara's car off, and then moving mine so she could go to work. I may have lingered an extra minute or two - salting the walkway - but I wasn't gone long.

The missed calls were from Sara. She's stuck on a sheet of ice. Everything's covered in ice. Sara and her VW can't get over a little hill a block away from our house. It's one of the smaller hills in our neighborhood! If she couldn't get over that one then she had no chance of negotiating the rest of the way out of Epping Forest.

I threw on my boots and ventured outside to go retrieve my stranded sweetheart. Her car is now sitting on the side of the frozen road a block from our house. We're inside drinking coffee, and waiting for the sand truck/plow to come through the neighborhood. I like the snow days but the ice storms I'm not always crazy about.

(2 years ago we got hit with a huge ice storm the night before Valentine's Day. Read what I thought about it then.)

1 comment:

Jilly said...

Well aren't you just the big burly man ... all rescuing your wife and shit!