Saturday, September 03, 2005

SCREW This Brunch BS!

(Above: The Offender!)

Today I had one of those shifts at work where nothing seemed to go right. I had other things on my mind and all I wanted was to get through the shift incident free. Fat Chance!

I had the GM of the restaurant hovering over me all shift critiquing me, and coming up with little BS chores, and tasks for me to do for his Bloody Mary Bar! We have to sell the bloody Mary bar! It's just more trouble than it's worth. Oh, and I missed last weekend since then they changed the lay out of the bloody Mary bar. Hoses, also, have been attached to the ice bins holding the garnishes, and they need to drain into a bucket. The GM wasn't happy with our spicy tomato juice so he's gotten a recipe from a local hot sauce retailer and now we make our own spicy bloody marry mix, and a salt/spice mixture for rimming the glasses. Then a display plate on the Bloody Mary Bar shifted and the decorative empty bottles of Vodka topple onto a pitcher with beef consume, which consequently shattered and spilled everywhere. What a pain in the ass that was! (Not to mention the fact that the bar gets torn down during my last hour of work. The busiest time of the shift. Even if I've had only one paying customer all day, and I've just been making a butt-load of Mamosas, and Kir Royals for the servers once I start tearing the bloody Mary bar down - WHAM - service orders, Mojitos, and suddenly a full bar. It's uncanny.)


Also, not only did the screw pictured above end up in a glass of Passion Fruit Sangria, but I shattered a glass into the ice bin and had to melt all the ice, clean out the bin, etc. Then right before I left I went to pour a glass of Cava, Spanish Champagne, and there was a pour spout in the bottle, and I thought to myself, "Hm, I've never poured it with one of those. I wonder if it works." The Answer Is No! The Cava fizzed up and spewed out of the nozzle, shooting three feet through the air directly into another bartender's right eyeball. It was like something out of a sitcom.

Somedays, it would be better to just stay in bed. Now I'm home and I just want to put it all behind me. Hopefully, I won't burn down the apartment!

No comments: