Saturday, September 10, 2005

Another Saturday Brunch

"Oh My Goodness, what is all of this?" asks the woman standing beneath the Bloody Mary Bar sign.

"What is all what?" I ask.

"All this. What is it?"

Somehow I refrain from pointing to the sign above her head and I pleasantly answer, "It's a Bloody Mary Bar."

"A Bloody Mary Bar?"

"That's right."

"How does it work? You mean you make your own bloody Mary's?"

"Yes,"

"How?"

"I give you a glass with vodka and you mix your own drink," I explain calmly.

"Really?"

"Really."

"That is so cool! What a novel idea! It's like a stroke of food genius!"

In my head I reply, "What are you, retarded? It's a Bloody Mary Bar, not a cure for Cancer! Every other bar in the civilized world has one, you moron! Hey, stroke my food, genius?"

In actuality I said, "Pretty neat, huh?"

Then the stupid woman and her stupid friend wandered around the restaurant, they were only there to use the restroom, before finally settling at the bar. While sitting at my bar she asked me for a sample of a draft beer, a sample of a sangria, then asked me the price of 10 different beers, liquors, and sangrias, all while holding a menu. She finally ordered sangria, her stupid friend only wanted water. Then she says, "I really love that drink bar thing."

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Do you actually check these comments? I love you so much that I was inspired to start my own blog. I had a day kind of like yours, but my guy was certifable. Check me out rachelbrousseau.blogspot.com - I think. Give Sara a hug for me.