Friday, June 24, 2005

Zip! Nada! Zero!

Nothing. That's exactly what's going on at work right now. There's nothing to do. They gave me Monday off; nothing to do. I left work early yesterday and today I can look forward to hours of filing merchandising catalogs and price sheets... all day long! I'm supposed to be at my current job for another week. Wheeeee!

On the new job search the word of the week is 'Nothing'. All of the leads I thought I had have dried up. "We're sorry our hiring manager came down with appendicitis." He really did, it's the truth. Unfortunately, it postpones the possibility of me getting that job. The owner of the other bar that said he could possibly use me has completely flaked and I'm not sure when I'll get another bite. (This is all just overdramatic angst. I could get a call over the weekend.)

But you know what's funny? Chubby Kittens! They're a riot! I'm not just talking about porky cats, no. I mean the kittens who are so fat they waddle. You're almost afraid that they're tiny little legs are going to snap off under their enormous load. Cats that are so fat that they're ball-like. They can't roll over onto their feet if you put them on their back, they just sit kicking their little legs, struggling against their impossible task and meowing to beat the band! They're like little furry soccer balls! It makes me giggle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you go over to DQ, sucka?