Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Puppy Dreams

What do little dogs dream of? Hm?

Chasing cats? Enormous green fields of virgin grass, never before soiled or sprinkled by another dog? Diving into a pool full of milk bones? Maybe a giganitic leg that stretches high above, into the heavens, just waiting to be have every squared inch humped with complete abandon.

Who knows?

Early this morning, while sleeping, I heard Tootsie begin to growl. (Now it's not a menacing growl, much to her disappointment. The hairs on the back of your neck won't even begin to stand up but it's the only growl she has.) So she was growling and then let out a few sharp barks. I rolled over thinking that maybe she was being smothered between Sara and I, or warning us of an intruder's presence. She was completley asleep; laying on her back, eyes closed, her paws making tiny little running movements. I wonder what it was about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dinah does that sometimes too. There is nothing cuter.

And then today she killed a baby bird and I have to clean it up tonight. So yeah.

I still gotta meet this dog of yours.