Monday, July 11, 2011

How Should I Feel?

You tell me.

Today is the 2 year anniversary of my Mother's passing. It's amazing to think that it has been that long since I hugged my Mom, or heard her laugh. I don't know how all of that time has past since I last stood by her bedside in the ICU Ward but it has. Her birthday is on Sunday. So July has been and probably will continue to be a hard month for me.

Then on the other hand I did find out today that Sara and I are having, %90 sure, a baby girl! I guess nothing's a sure thing, but the ultrasound technician and the doctor agreed that it appears to be a female baby. The baby was rather uncooperative with the whole procedure and kept turning away from the ultrasound, so we didn't even get a good look at the face either.

SO it's kinda a mixed bag today. Missing my mother, of course, but super excited for the daughter that she would have spoiled and loved unfailingly. That's not to say that she wouldn't have loved another grandson, she would've been just as please. But I believe that I could hear my mother's laugh as Sara and I opened the envelope and unfolded the note that read, "Congratulations, You're Having A Baby Girl!" She'd get a kick out of me raising a daughter!

No comments: