Friday, July 08, 2011

How Goes it?

It's going well. I've been at the new job for over a week now. As previously stated I am enjoying the shortened commute in both the morning and the afternoon.

The school is run differently than what I am used to but it isn't necessarily a bad different. I definitely feel like much more of a teacher, as opposed to a babysitter, than I did in my last position. That isn't entirely fair - the last student needed one to one assistance and attention getting him through his daily routine, and help him achieve his goals. This job I am responsible for the instruction of many students in subject of Science. I will actually be teaching.

I miss some of my old coworkers, of course. I miss some of the students. However, I have met new students of whom I am already fond, and I will develop relationships with my new coworkers. In the long run I am sure that changing schools, and choosing to work closer to home will end up being a wise decision.

A slightly uninteresting side note - once again students, and also a staff member have found making fun of my last name amusing. 'Corn on The Cobb' has been a name that has followed me around since preschool, I believe, but people always think that they're the 1st person to come up with such a clever title for me. It doesn't bother me anymore, but I'm always entertained by the smirk that crosses over a student's face as they say, "Good Morning, Mr. 'Corn On The Cobb!'" No points for originality.

No comments: