Sunday, July 17, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mama!

Today is my Mother's birthday. It's also the 2 year anniversary of her funeral. 2 years ago today friends and family packed my Mom's church and celebrated her life! I keep saying how hard it is to believe that it's been 2 years. I think about her all the time, and miss her more. Lately she has been even more on my mind because of the baby we're expecting this winter. I still have the urge to pick up the phone and speed dial her whenever I have news to share.

This is a pic of Ma and Savannah at my last birthday party she attended. She was already on the oxygen but she tried not to let that slow her down! She was a tough lady!

In other news, the new job is going well but the adjustment has been difficult, particularly, financially speaking. It will all even out in the long run, hopefully, but money continues to be tight. As I get down on myself for yet another stumble, and try to figure out a way to bring in some extra money - I'm applying for part time work locally - I often get down on myself. Today I got some advise from Dad. He thinks I should try a more positive mental attitude and in the best case adopt a "Every day is a pretty day" outlook and in the worst case say, "I think this positively sucks!" Thanks, Pops!

No comments: