Sunday, July 24, 2011

Currently Reading:

It's an odd time for me reading wise.

I'm trying to read a few play scripts because I'm on the play selection committee for a local theatre company. I'm trying to bring a few options to the table. Some of the scripts I've had for awhile and others I've tried to get from the library but with money tight right now I have not been ordering new scripts to peruse.

I'm also reading a biology review book. I'm assistant teaching high school biology this year and am trying to brush up on my scientific knowledge.
In preparation for our upcoming baby, we're currently sitting at the halfway point in Sara's pregnancy, I'm also reading a book that was sent to me by my mother-in-law:
For fun I've been taking my time reading an interesting book about the death of God. It's not a philosophy or religion book. It's a fiction in which God's corpse has been found floating in the middle of the ocean and the Vatican is trying to keep it quiet. A supertanker is hired to tow the Corpus Dei to the arctic in an effort to preserve the dead deity, and keep the public from finding out that the laws of morality may or may not apply any longer.
Then, of course, there is the backlog of books I have resting on bookshelves, piled in corners, or recently handed to me by family or friends. I always try to have something I'm reading, but lately I'm having a hard time focusing on finishing an entire chapter much less a book.

No comments: