Friday, January 18, 2008

There has got to be an easier way.

I'm fairly new to my insurance company and I am having a hard time figuring out all of the ins and outs of working the system. Apparently I have to go to medical centers for treatment and there isn't urologist in my county, and to see a urologist in my neighboring counties I would have to wait until mid February. The ER doctor had suggested a follow up appointment within the week. So the earliest appointment I could get to see a doctor about my kidneys was on the 17th, yesterday, but I had to go up to the other side of Baltimore for my appointment.

Unfortunately, yesterdays winter storm interfered with my plans to see the doctor and I was unable, due to traffic, to keep my appointment. Fortunately, I am not in constant pain, and I was able to reschedule for the 31st but I still have to drive up to Baltimore to be seen by a urologist.

Hopefully, the pain won't be a factor before I can get to the doctor.

No comments: