Monday, January 07, 2008

Serves Me Right

I was writing out my class schedule on the board in my room. I need to show the students what we'll be working on each day in class and I was completely engrossed in writing down the information. Absorbed as I was I failed to hear one of my students, whom I only see on Friday, sneak into my room and creep to within inches of me until he he made a loud hissing sound in my ear. I jumped out of my shoes, dropped my dry erase marker and all I could get out was, "DUDE?"

He just started laughing.

Then I laughed.

You may or may not know about my propensity for scaring people. I love to make people jump, yelp, freak out, etc. Just ask my wife about the time we were watching Friday The 13th and the lights went out. I still think she harbours a grudge. Anyway, scaring people is something I take pleasure in and to have someone get me SO GOOD was a nice change of pace! I'm just glad I was strong enough not to wet myself.

No comments: