Saturday, January 12, 2008

DILAUDID IS GREAT!

I haven't been rushed to the ER for my kidney in almost ten years, but I woke up around 2AM and tried all of my normal tricks to get through the pain. I took some Tylenol, stretched out on the floor, soaked in a hot bath, paced around and prayed to whatever God would listen to take away the pain. This spell was not playing fair. Normally the pain fades away and I can get on with my life and procrastinate making the doctor's appointment that I obviously need. Finally around 5AM I decided that I had had enough. UNCLE! I GIVE UP! I gently woke Sara and asked her to drive me to the ER.

I'm glad I did. The excruciating pain in my right kidney, I rated it around 9 1/2, soon pain melted away when the doctors shot me up with Dilaudid. It was nice. I've had better drugs... after my kidney operation they shot me up with some morphine or something and I was out ot this world, but this was good, too. The Dilaudid kissed my boo boo, and the episode forced me to make an appointment with a Urologist. I haven't seen a doctor in 8 years. It's about time I start addressing my kidneys again. I've tried to ignore them but now that I have insurance again, I guess I should stay on top of things.

No comments: