Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Mr. & Mrs. East 3rd Street

I have this friend, a good college buddy and old roommate, and nine years ago I stood by and watched him get married in historic downtown Annapolis.
He was the first friend of mine to take the plunge, and I was completely in awe.
Needles to say after one of your closest friends gets married, things change. I moved out and transferred universities. They moved in together, and eventually started a family. Today is their Anniversary. (I remember every year because tomorrow's my birthday. It helps.)
So buddy, Congratulations. In nine years you have accomplished more than I would've, and probably did expect. When, eventually I follow suit and get married... Patience, Honey... I hope to be as good a father and husband as I'm sure you are.

1 comment:

speak the truth in love said...

It is an honor and a privelege to have spent the years together that we did on 3rd st. . You are my brother. Even though I never get to see you, my fault as much as yours, I will always be hear to lend a caring ear or snide, sarcastic remark.