Sunday, April 24, 2005

Bazooka Hotep.

It's funny the small things that can make your day, isn't it?
A phone call from an old friend.
A certain song.
A hopscotch court left on the sidewalk by some young vandal.
Watching some old person slip on a patch of ice.
These are life's little jewels that make you smile.

I found 2 big bags of Bazooka Joe bubblegum in the clearance rack of my grocery store for 50 cents each. Hell yeah, it's Bazooka Joe. You might break a tooth. You'll get a funny little comic strip. The flavor dies in exactly 23 chews! That's awesome! It's on clearance! I wonder why?

Here's why... the wrappers, the comics, knock-knock jokes, and fortunes are all in Egyptian! Egyptian! At least, I think it's Egyptian. (I don't actually read Egyptian but the writing looks a lot like the writing from that cult in Young Sherlock Holmes. Ramatep! Ramatep!) The bags were in English, just nothing else. So now I can't really enjoy the hilarious exploits of Bazooka Joe and company. I didn't even learn any new knock-knock jokes! Damn you, Cruel Fate! I guess the silver lining is that at least I didn't break a tooth, yet. Yet!

No comments: