Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Message Read,

"The show is canceled my friend."

The 'show' being a remount of my 1st original produced stage play: 2002's 'Lumpkin's Big Top'. The reason why the remount has been canceled is because it was being produced, this time, in Joplin, MO! In case you haven't heard, or are reading this sometime in the distant future Joplin was recently hit by a monster tornado.

According to the Joplin Globe the tornado, an EF-5, was the 8th deadliest tornado in US history, and killed at least 122 people. My friends in Joplin were unharmed by the storm but the town will never be the same. In light of current events, I am completely understanding as to why the play would not go on. In fact, when I 1st heard the news the 2 things that ran through my head were, "I hope my friends are okay." followed by, "Guess the show won't go up."

This play, which had it's fair share of problems the 1st time around, will have to go without a 2nd production for the time being. That's just the way things are. I hope the good folks of Joplin are on their way towards recovering from this horrible disaster.

No comments: