Monday, May 02, 2011

Change Of Plans

I was writing a post that would address the negative vibe from my birthday post, but then the rebuttal post became overwhelmingly negative. I started going on and on about financial stress, bad decisions, and shell-shock. I was hoping to end the post with some positive words, or thoughts but the negativity kept seeping back in. So I scrapped it.

Then this morning I wake up to pictures and videos of people partying in the streets! Facebook statuses celebrating! Osama Bin Laden is dead! That's a good thing, I guess. He was the cause of so much grief and tragedy! He wounded this country and her citizens so deeply! I'm okay with his death. I'm not gonna run out into the streets and start swinging from streetlights, or crowd-surfing though. The evil SOB is dead, but do we need to throw a frat party to celebrate?

Oh, and I'm disturbed by the images of young children celebrating and holding up homemade poster board signs that usually would read, "I love Justin Bieber!" or "The Wiggles Rocks!" but today the sign reads, "Yeah, Osama is Dead!" That's weird.

1 comment:

linda said...

Gray skies are gonna clear up,
Put on a happy face;
Brush off the clouds and cheer up,
Put on a happy face.

Take off the gloomy mask of tragedy,
It's not your style;
You'll look so good that you'll be glad
Ya' decide to smile!

Pick out a pleasant outlook,
Stick out that noble chin;
Wipe off that "full of doubt" look,
Slap on a happy grin!

And spread sunshine all over the place,
Just put on a happy face!
Put on a happy face
Put on a happy face

I'M JUST SAYIN....
AND I KNOW YOU'LL HAVE THIS SONG IN YOUR HEAD ALL DAY NOW....HAHAHA
LUV YA!