Tuesday, March 01, 2011

I Feel Bad... Really, I Do...

...but all of these revolutions happening in the Middle East are killing me and my wallet! I know how selfish and self-centered that sounds but it's true! I filled up today and gas was almost a quarter more expensive than it was before the weekend! It doesn't seem possible. I know that we, as a nation, are reliant on that area of the world for our oil supply, and so it only makes sense that the unrest there would affect fuel prices here at home. I can't help feeling, however, that somewhere along the line someone is taking advantage of the situation and hiking up gas rates! People are dying in the streets in Libya, Egypt, and other countries; demanding a new way of life and some fat cat somewhere is raking in the dough! Things can't go on this way.

No comments: