Sunday, March 13, 2011

Closing Night - "Sight Unseen"

Another curtain falls on yet another show! Tonight was the closing performance of "Sight Unseen". (I'm obviously writing this after midnight.) It has been an pleasure to finally do a show for Dignity Players! An honor to work with the director, and to share the stage with 3 very talented actors/actresses! This show presented its own challenges that we were forced to meet, and overcome as an ensemble. That's one of the things I love best about live theatre; the working together.

We ended on a high note, I believe. Sure it was closing night and there were a few flubs, and line errors that always happen on the final night but the show felt good! We all turned in solid performances - once again this is all my opinion - and made the director proud. That's the thing about a short, 2 week run, you peak and then the show ends. I will miss this show, and hope to keep in touch with everyone but as I've written before that isn't guaranteed.

(Here's is the review from the Baltimore Sun. The Bay Weekly also gave the show a favorable review!)

The above painting is by an artist named Julian Schnabel. I have it on good authority that the play was based, loosely, on his career. My best friend, Adam, was an art major but hated art history so I don't believe I ever heard of this particular artist!

1 comment:

Adam said...

Nope, never heard of that guy. And by looking at that pic I'm kinda glad I didn't.