Monday, July 14, 2008

Trying To Get Active.

So yesterday after sitting in the movie theater for a Sunday afternoon matinée I decided I would try and take advantage of my neighborhood resources and get a little exercise. Among other things my community has a tennis/basketball court, swimming beach and kayaks. I like to kayak... every now and again...

So Adam and I went kayaking on the Severn River yesterday afternoon. Two couch potatoes, no offense Adam, paddling around the river. My first kayak seemed to be taking on water, so I beached it and got another one that sat higher in the water. (They're all open ocean kayaks) We didn't make any great trek down the river or shoot the rapids or anything. Just a leisurely paddle in the afternoon.

I plan on doing this more often during my free days. I've also been trying to take longer walks with the Tooter to get a little exercise. Can't sit on my butt all day every day. Although I have, so far this Summer gotten through the first 4 books of the fantasy series I mentioned. I'm reading novel and author's notes on the novel. The latest book did not disappoint. Today when I get home from babysitting maybe I will start on the 5th book.

Or maybe I'll go kayaking.

No comments: