Monday, July 28, 2008

As Big As My Foot!


Or close to, anyway.

Here is a picture of a stinging sea nettle jellyfish. They inhabit the Atlantic Ocean and connecting estuaries. The Severn River does get the jellyfish during the Summer, and I have seen a few floating around down at the beach. Today I went out kayaking today and saw the biggest jellyfish I've ever seen outside of the National Aquarium. I was paddling around and I noticed a few odd nettles floating near the surface. Suddenly I see the huge one just drifting with the current towards my kayak. This sucker is so big that, and yes I realize how insanely ludicrous this sounds, I got the chills and actually thought, "I hope that thing can't get me."

Silly, I know but I thought it. Then I turned my kayak around and paddled my ass out of there as fast as I could leaving that monstrosity bobbing in my wake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are way too funny!!!