Monday, May 19, 2008

Thanks Andrew Zimmern!

It's no secret I've been a little stressed out lately.

This job, which I love, has decided to ambush me at the end of the school year. I'm running around like a headless chicken, doused in 101 Proof grain alcohol and set ablaze. I'm scrambling around trying to make sure certain things happen before the end of the year, and each time I get close to evening out something else is thrown on my plate! Today was not a good day!

When I finally left work, fought the traffic home and dragged myself through my front door I was at the end of my rope. Luckily, there was my wife... with pizza... and beer... and the Travel Channel was showing Bizarre Foods w/ Andrew Zimmern.

I LOVE THIS SHOW! The guy travels all around the world to sample exotic cuisine. You name it; bugs, brains, putrid shark, he'll try it! The man's had more testicles in his mouth than the cast of Will & Grace! Tonight he was in Ecuador! He ate roasted guinea pigs, suffered through a purification ceremony with a witch doctor and then chowed on a few piranhas!

I don't know why I it's true but sitting down on my couch and watching this pudgy, bald dude slurp down pan-fried Coconut Grubs makes my blood pressure wane and my troubles melt away, for an hour at least.

No comments: