Sunday, March 09, 2008

My First Audition In Over 3 Years!

The play Hauptmann is being staged by the Colonial Players here in Annapolis. It basically tells the story of Bruno Richard Hauptmann, the man who was arrested and convicted of the Lindbergh Baby Kidnapping.

Here are the highlights of the audition - I got up to read for the first time and realized that my zipper was down; there was no hiding it. A dude got up to read and his German Accent sounded like a cross between Kermit the Frog, and the Count, from Sesame Street. I read the 23rd Psalm in German... I do NOT speak German! A younger, bigger Denver Pyles lookalike showed up to audition wearing a black T-Shirt with Melvin The Martian in Silver Sequins!

Other than that, I think the audition went fairly well. I don't expect to be cast, for a number of reasons, but I was happy to have auditioned, and think I made an impression for future shows, maybe.

No comments: