Sunday, February 24, 2008

Blingless In Naptown

Over the weekend, which was extended by a Friday thanks to the winter storm, the wife and I packed up an overnight bag, our dog and headed down for a night in North Beach. My parents are on vacation and I promised them we'd stop by their house for a night, water the plants and abuse their TIVO. We sat in their recliners reading our books, looked out on the bay and their partially dismantled dock, -long story - we let the dogs have the run of the house, drank their booze, and sat in their hot tub.

The hot tub is always a big incentive for visiting Bay Front Avenue; even in the winter. We bundle up in robes plot out into the cold air with a beverage and sit in our stew for a while. Nothing like a nice relaxing soak in the hot tub. I love it! Unfortunately, my wedding band does not appear to be a big fan. This past Saturday, during our second dip in the tub, I notice that my simple band of white gold has, possible become sea sick, it definitely seemed to be turning green... actually it turned yellow.

This may not seem to be a big deal to some people, gold is, after all, yellow. I do not like yellow gold. I did not buy a yellow gold ring on purpose. I prefer white gold. I don't wear jewelery normally anyway but was willing to make an exception when it came to my wedding ring... my white gold wedding ring. When I got out of the tub it looked like something Mr. T would probably worn on his chubby little pinky.

Today I had to take it in to the jeweler and, thanks to the warranty I purchased originally, they are going to send it off to have it professionally treated because I just could get it to come clean. That was the only bump in the road on an otherwise perfect weekend.

No comments: