Sunday, February 10, 2008

It's The End Of The World As We Know It!

Ah, cable television. You are a magnificent invention. You are a horrible curse!

Last night as my wife headed off to bed I watched Mathew Broderick save the world from Thermonuclear Global War in 'War Games';a movie I have not seen in years. 'Shall We Play A Game?' Shortly after that I was sucked into, and I hate to admit this, Mel Gibson's 'Apocalypto'. I watched the last days of the Mayan Empire, and the struggles of Jaguar Paw against tribal enemies.

Before I know it the clock reads 3:15 AM. I just sat in front of the TV for so many hours I am embarassed to say. As I climbed into bed with my wife I kept thinking of all of the things that I could have done instead of watching cable television. Maybe it would've been more productive to read a book, plan out my week's lessons, or even work on a script or two.

Damn you Comcast

No comments: