Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Horribly Romantic Moment

I step outside into the cold night air. The snow crunches beneath my slippered feet and Tootsie pulls desperately at her leash. I glance up and see a rust colored moon swimming in its own shadows. The lunar eclipse - I'd forgotten. I pull out my cell phone and speed dial my wife. She answers from vacation land and I describe the moon to my absent lover.

A chilly winter evening, and an astronomical event. It's magical. It's cold.

God, I'm cold!

My penis is cold! Why is my penis cold?

Then I realize that as I was staring up into the heavens, with my cell phone in my right hand, and the leash and flash light in my left, my pajamas' fly was open and my man parts were vulnerable to Old Man Winter's icy breathe. I quickly ended the phone call and sheltered my goods. I looked up at the moon again and realized, sadly, that the magic moment had passed.

No comments: