Tuesday, November 14, 2006

What Did You Say?

I was on my lunch break in the teacher's lounge (I'm still getting used to that... I take my breaks in the teacher's lounge.) and one of my fellow educators was enlightening everyone on a few of his conspiracy theories. Apparently the government is not only responsible for the assassination of JFK, but also pulled the trigger on Robert Kennedy, Martin Luther King, Jr, and Malcolm X. No earth-shaking revelations or anything, in fact I've heard or seen most of the information that this teacher was repeating. Then he started to talk about the assasination footage of Kennedy and how the government had taken the original film and 'restorated it'.

Resto-WHAT? Restorated? Is that even a word? Just say restored? Or perhaps you meant rostrated...(Def: furnished with a rostrum.)?

I often have trouble finding, or remembering the right word, but one of my pet peeves is when a person makes up a word to sound impressive or educated. I can't take you serious after that... it's nothing personal, don't get all 'offensified'!

No comments: