Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Playing Catch Up

One of the more frustrating aspects of my new teaching job is the fact that I've come into the school over two months after the start of school. I don't have a history with the students and as a new teacher I'm fumbling around trying to figure out the correct way to do lesson plans, progress reports, behavior plans, CBI forms, etc. Perhaps even worse yet is trying to organize the confusion that was left for me, and the paperwork that goes along with everything. There are educational goals that I have to gear my students towards, there is standardized testing that I have to prepare them for, and there is data collection that has not been done to help me judge where the students stand as far as the educational plans. It's a lot to take in considering that I've been working for almost 2 weeks and my County Employee Orientation is tomorrow. Hopefully they'll give me more paperwork and forms to fill out... I'd love that!

No comments: