Friday, March 31, 2006

Dig It

Today I was out walking the dog and decided to go a different route. The wind was out of control, and I half-expected my dog to be blown away. As we turned the corner, near a cemtery, I notice a worker pushing a wheelbarrow and a shovel. No mystery as to what he might be up to but then it hits me, I don't ever think I've seen someone dig a grave except in the movies. Good Fellows. Kill Bill. Young Frankenstein.

This guy didn't even use a back hoe. Just a shovel and a wheelbarrow. He walked up to the plot, which was marked of with stakes and a rope, and casually started digging the shovel into the ground along the edge; not much, just the tip, to outline. Watched for a while.

Got a rejection letter in the mail, regarding one of my scripts... and life goes on, graves are dug, and flowers are delivered.

No comments: