Friday, January 20, 2006

I Maybe Evil. Truly.

Today as I was boarding the #22 Clark bus I heard a woman yell, "Shit!" and then a muffled impact as she, carrying an enormous purse and a cardboard box stepped off of the bus, and fell to the pavement. I looked up in time to see her sprawled out on the sidewalk near the rear of the bus.

I laughed, not out loud, but I snickered, sniggered and chortled into my sleeve. That's not very neighborly.

Then the woman stood up, brushed off her pride and started bitching to the driver, who was genuinely concerned, about how it was his fault for not keeping the back doors open long enough for her to deboard safely. The gentleman calmly explained to the woman numerous times that he doesn't control the rear doors, double-checked her for injury, then let her go on her way. I then heard another passenger say how the same woman with her purse and cargo had nearly fallen trying to take a seat on the bus five minutes earlier.

I'm still giggling about the whole thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was coming out of the subway today and there was a blind guy trying to walk down the up escalator. He didn't even realize the stairs were moving (as the samaritan behind me found out when trying to help the guy). Me? I just kept on walking.

Ehh. At least hell will be warmer than a Chicago winter.

T. Cobb said...

Everyone... Puppet Master! Screw The Blind!!!!