Thursday, December 29, 2005

Thin Ice

So yesterday I get a voice mail from work. I'm chillin' on the couch waiting for my brother and his wife to come over for a night of cheap wine and board games and I get this voice mail. Apparently I was scheduled to work! For the second Wednesday in a row, I get called into work when I'd written down my 'holiday' schedule and nowhere on it, when it was originally posted, was I scheduled for Wednesdays. I never work Wednesdays! I know some of the schedules were revised after the death of my co-worker, but my schedule didn't appear to change at the time. When I ask if the schedule had been changed again I get the run around. Other people too have been upset about the schedule being silently updated. The fact that I'm not being reprimanded for showing up late to work leads me to believe that the management realizes they've handled the scheduling wrong. Who knows, I could show today and get written up.

The thing that bothers me is that I'm a reliable employee, usually. I'm flexible, cooperative, prepared, and always punctual! The last thing I need is to lose this job do to a stupid misunderstanding.

No comments: