Monday, December 12, 2005

Sometimes...

...Others have already expressed what I wish to say.

"Fool! I mean not That poor-souled piece of heroism, self-slaughter; Oh no! the miserablest day we live There's many a better thing to do than die!"
- George Darley

I found out tonight that a co-worker of mine, a friend, committed suicide. In my life several people, whom I have known, have chosen this route. While I will always mourn the loss, and regret the finality I have a hard time accepting the selfishness. (If this offends you, I am sorry.) Whether you are a husband with legal woes, an adolescent struggling with puberty, a lover wrestling with self-hatred, or a friend whom 'I had no idea'... think about those you claim to love. When you end it, they still suffer.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Ty, I'm sorry and I still love you. I've been meaning to tell you that lately.