Tuesday, December 27, 2005

I Started This Blog For Selfish Reasons

I did. I can admit it.

I don't have anything political or overwhelmingly important to say. I am not a very political person, or, I guess an overwhelmingly important one.

I have no idea how to fix the world or make sure our next president isn't a jack ass. (Hey, that bordered on political, didn't it?)

I haven't gotten off my couch long enough to finish my 'literary masterpiece' much less discover the meaning of life.

I'm pretty sure that I've stolen the majority of my original thoughts from somewhere else, but I just can't recollect where.

No. I started this blog so my family and friends could check in with me at their convenience. Haven't heard from me in a while? Check out my blog. It's great. None of it's too personal. Some of it's even slightly amusing. Hell, I even hoped that some of the people I use to know would somehow stumble upon my Fortess of Ineptitude.

Well, recently a childhood friend of mine did just that. We were partners in crime for many years even though his family moved away early on. Summer vacations were never complete without an exchange program which blessed both of our families with our combined unbridled, creative rowdiness. We drifted apart, cause that happens and I can't remember the last time I saw this friend. Then he 'googled me and next thing you know he's reading my random thoughts.

Welcome Mr. Schnettler. Good to hear from you.

Oh, I also started blogging so I would feel like I was writing something when I just can't work on my scripts. See? Selfish.

No comments: