Saturday, June 18, 2011

Farewell Washington DC Beltway!

I hope to never have to see you again on a regular basis, and especially not for a daily commute!
Yesterday saw my last 2 Rush Hour Commutes on the Washington Beltway EVER! E V E R!! I signed all the paperwork, received some parting gifts from some coworkers and left Ivymount for the last time as an employee. Starting in just over a week I will be a new employee of the Harbour School here in Annapolis! As I've written before that means I'll have to commute 11 miles to my new job! ELEVEN MILES! When I clocked it I can get to work in less than 20 minutes! That's will save me tons in gas money, and hours of my life stuck in the car going to and from work!

I am excited for this new opportunity! I am sad to leave behind students and staff whom I care about but it was time for me to leave... again. A couple years ago when I quit my drama teacher job it was to, hopefully, move back to Chicago. This time I'm walking away for a chance to better my situation, and further my career, again, hopefully. I am in such a different place nowadays and I hope that this streak of good luck holds out. It's been a rough couple years.

No comments: