Friday, January 28, 2011

Just Under A Month

I am finished. Earlier today I submitted the 10 Minute One Act Script I have been working on recently. A little over a month ago I gave myself the goal of writing, revising and submitting a One Act for a Play Festival in Illinois. I met my deadline, early, and am happy to have done so.

The script? The idea? Is it genius? Probably not. It's hard to cram genius into a 10 minute production, especially given the month long development time-frame. I sometimes work on projects for years. This particular script meets the specifics of the festival for which it was written, and, I hope, is different than most of the other submissions that the company will receive.

I am not sure as to whether or not this script will be selected as a finalist, and receive a staging in the festival. Who can predict these things? Right now that isn't as important to me as the fact that I completed this short term goal I set for myself back before the New Year. This latest script was more of an writing exercise than an inspired venture, but it was step in the right direction. Hopefully, I will ride this momentum and contemplate, nay, actually work on some of my other writing projects that have had many hours of creativity, and effort invested in them.

No comments: