Thursday, January 06, 2011

2 Memorable Quotes From The 1st Week Of 2011

- "Sir, I pulled you over because I'm concerned for your safety."

- "The rights have been pulled."

The 1st quote was uttered by a Maryland State Trooper after he had pulled me over during my afternoon commute for having a cracked windshield. The windshield has been cracked for years, and yes I realized it isn't the safest thing but this Smokey was on the hunt. When I passed him he had just finished ticketing an Infinity, then he found me and pulled me over JUST for the windshield, nothing else, and finally we saw him pull over another driver 2 miles down the road. Hope he met his quota. I am being ordered to replace my windshield. Oh joy!

The 2nd quote came only a few hours later when I was informed, along with the rest of my cast-mates, that the show we'd recently started rehearsing is no longer going to happen. Long story short, the rights were yanked, and we're now exploring other options. Whether that means a different script with the same cast and director, possibly a different director, or we all just go our separate ways and leave the stage dark is yet to be seen.

Yay 2011!

No comments: