Friday, December 10, 2010

Some People Suck @ Life!

I listen to a local morning radio show on my commute to work each day, and it's usually good for a few laughs. This morning I tuned in and suddenly saw red! I was livid; as were many other listeners.

A woman called into the show looking for some support! She was recently suspended from her job at a car dealership, and was wanting to hear from the DJ that she had been grievously wronged and had a potential lawsuit on her hands. She was positive that she was was being victimized by her employer. Her offense was that she had been refusing to show certain car models, and not allowing test drives to certain car buyers... the physically disabled ones!

That's right, this 'C You Next Tuesday' was discriminating against physically disabled individuals! She did not see it that way. Her defense was that she'd been selling cars for a long time and knew when a customer was really going to buy a certain car and didn't feel like wasting time by showing cars to disabled people who wouldn't really buy them. She could not believe that the DJ and his morning crew did not see her point of view and was really surprised when listeners started calling into verbally bash her narrow-mindedness! I just shook my head, let the anger melt away, and enjoyed my already stressful morning commute.

No comments: