Friday, December 31, 2010

A Month To Write

I received an email the other day from a theatre company in Illinois that, in the past, I have submitted scripts to for production. They've never produced any of my scripts. They're inviting me to submit again for their upcoming 10 Minute Play Festival! They've come up with a new theme and the deadline is February 1st 2011.

Now to be frank, I have not been inspired lately. I can't remember the last time I actively worked on writing or reviewing any of my incomplete projects. I've had the last week off from my job and didn't use the time to write. (I did receive a rejection email a few weeks back from a literary magazine that was not interested in some of my short fiction. So that was probably the last time I worked on writing, and I submitted them a month or so ago.) I have not been a writer recently.

Last night I got into a discussion with a friend of mine about a screenplay he's developing. I really enjoyed his concept and hearing his ideas. It inspired me!

Here's what I'm suggesting. I am going to submit a 10 Minute script to the aforementioned theatre company by February 1st 2011. I am giving myself a goal and a deadline. I started brainstorming this morning, and developed a brief outline for a short script that falls within the theme. I will use the 1st month of the coming year to write, review, revise, and submit a brand new One Act. I am going to start out the new year with a writing project and get things started on a positive note! I then hope to revisit some of my incomplete projects and get back to writing. I miss the creativity.

No comments: