Monday, October 12, 2009

The Results Are In...

'A Much Needed Change', a short film that I wrote, and my friend Dean directed won the runner up award at the CAmm Slamm 2009 48 Hour Film Festival here in Baltimore. 48 hours is not a lot of time to work on a film and the submitted projects usually all would benefit from some further polishing but it's a fun, whirlwind of a ride. This was the 3rd time Running Storm Productions took part in the 48 Hour Film festival, and the first time we placed.

This time around Dean allowed me to write the script, and I came up with a screenplay about a small argument between a married couple that spirals out of control. There's more to it then that but I don't want to spoil any surprises on the off chance that you, the reader, may one day become a viewer.

Some highlights from the shoot include 2 hours of turkey meatloaf take after take after take, and running a half block of the Baltimore Marathon. I am very proud of this project and it's 2nd place finish. I am happy to have been able to see my script come together for the screening. Hopefully, this one may see some more festival time in the future.
*Cast & Crew of 'A Much Needed Change' at CAmm Slamm 2009.

1 comment:

Jilly said...

Congrats...that's pretty badass!