Friday, October 16, 2009

Annoyed!

I'm working part time, but still looking for something else - hopefully something full time or at least with benefits maybe. I've applied for several jobs but nothing seems to be panning out for me. I've even followed up on a few applications; trying to take some initiative. One particular job I've called 3 times and the manager was always in a 'meeting'. I emailed and got no response. I stopped in... manager was in a meeting. I called again and talked to a manager x who told me to call back after 5 and ask for manager y who couldn't even be bothered to take my call. The hostess after leaving me on hold finally informed me, 'He said to say the positions have been filled.'

Now I understand it's nothing personal. Business is business, after all, but when I've given my name, been told I'd receive a call, not received the call and can't even talk with the hiring manager I begin to feel frustrated. I can't help but feel that had I gotten a chance to meet with someone I would've had a better chance of getting hired.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

No comments: