Thursday, September 17, 2009

'Well, I'm Off To Work.'

It's been a few weeks since I've been able to say that! I am starting a part time retail job today. It's not exactly what I was hoping for but they are the first ones to bite at my lure. They've also made it clear that if I were to find something full time, part time, or better paying that they would be willing to work out a schedule with me.

Years ago - check out the beginnings of this blog - I worked for a cooking school. I handled shipping/receiving, assisted with classes and sold kitchenware. I will once again be working in retail, selling cooking and kitchenware for Sur La Table. It's a company I know, name brands I remember and, hopefully, flexible enough to allow for another gig. In the meantime I will keep applying for other jobs.

I miss Ivymount. I miss the students - my kids. I miss SOME of the staff. I miss the security of having a well-paying and rewarding job. I don't miss the commute!

No comments: